The Asia-Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institutions (APAARI) in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Trust for Advancement of Agricultural Sciences (TAAS), Haryana Kisan Ayog (HKA), Bharat Krishak Samaj (BKS), Protection of Plant Varieties & Farmers Right Authority (PPV&FRA), National Rainfed Area Authority (NRAA) and the National Innovation Foundation (NIF) jointly organize the National Workshop on “Out-Scaling FARM Innovations” on 3-5 September, 2013 at the National Agricultural Science Centre (NASC) Complex, Pusa Campus, New Delhi, India.
- To discuss and identify important farmer-led innovations so as to validate, refine and disseminate them for wider adoption and desired large scale impact.
- To blend ITK with scientific innovation through farmer’s participatory approach requiring research reorientation through change in the mind set of researchers.
- To identify specific research gaps for developing low cost easily acceptable technologies, tools etc.
- To protect the interest of farmers by recognizing their role in protecting the genetic resources of economic importance, through IPR, benefit sharing, award/ rewards
- To have value addition through adoption of low cost, rural based technologies with appropriate processing, storage, linking with market and to help generate employment for the rural youth, besides additional income in order to ensure inclusive market oriented development (IMOD)
- To assess the need for required policy advocacy for outscaling innovations for large scale impact
About 200 participants will include administrators, researchers, policy planners, innovative farmers, CSOs (NGOs, Fos) and the representatives of farming communities as well as private sector in India.
- Knowledge on innovations shared among the diverse stakeholders
- Stakeholders benefitted from learning of experiences on farmer led innovations
- Potential innovations identified for faster adoption for large scale impact, and also for further refinement where needed
- Need for policy interventions assessed for out scaling innovations for greater impact on smallholder farmers
An exhibition will also be organized to showcase the successes and the potential of Farmer-led innovations for greater impact on smallholder farmers