A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Faculty of Veterinary Science, Assam Agricultural University (AAU) and Faculty of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University (SAU), Dhaka, Bangladesh paving the way for collaboration between the two institutions in the areas of mutual interest. AAU, India and SAU, Bangladesh would immediately exchange undergraduate interns for clinical Hands-on training. Both the Universities have also agreed to work out collaboration in other areas of education and research as mentioned below-
- Development of collaborative research projects and grant proposal development.
- Organizing joint academic activities, viz. conferences, seminars and symposia etc.
- Exchange of faculties and resource persons for relevant training and human resource development programmes.
- Post graduate students (MS and PhD) training, mentoring and research supervision
- Sharing the e-resources including scientific publications and teaching materials.
- Any other activities viewed to be mutually beneficial.
The MoU was signed by the Deans of the respective Faculties of the two Universities.