Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL) under the aegis of South Asia Biosafety Program (SABP), and the Ministry of Environment and Renewable Energy (MERE), Govt. of Sri Lanka, with support from National Science Foundation (NSF), Coordinating Secretariat for Science, Technology and Innovation (COSTI), the Bangladesh Academy of Sciences and the Pakistan Academy of Sciences, Bangladesh Academy of Sciences, and Pakistan Academy of Sciences are jointly organizing the 2nd Annual South Asia Biosafety Conference will be convened in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 15-16 September 2014.
The conference will feature plenary sessions on:
- Perspectives on the Regulation of Genetically Engineered Organisms in South Asia
- Research and Development of Genetically Modified Organisms in South Asia
- Biosafety and Regulation of Genetically Engineered Insects
- Tools for Science Communicators
- Agricultural Biotechnology and Adaptation to Climate Change
- Regional Harmonization of Risk Assessment Approaches in Agricultural Biotechnology
The Poster Program is a new opportunity for individuals to share their research, findings and achievements with colleagues at the conference. Presenting a poster is a noteworthy way to share expertise or accomplishment and poster presenters will have a dedicated time to present and discuss their work with the diverse group of attendees.
Online registration is now open at http://sabc.biotech.co.in/
For additional information, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or Libby Muldoon, Communications and Program Specialist, CERA, at email@example.com.