MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, Asia-Pacific region, and Sinology to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan. The Fellowship is open for application from May to June every year and recipients will conduct their research in Taiwan as early as January the next year.
(More information see website: https://taiwanfellowship.ncl.edu.tw/eng/about.aspx )
1. Financial assistance
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12
- Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million.
Recipients shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad. (See “Guidelines to the Taiwan Fellowship” for more reference)
2. Application Procedure
The program is open for on-line application only (website: https://taiwanfellowship.ncl.edu.tw/eng/apply_out.aspx)
More information about the application and evaluation process, please see the website: https://taiwanfellowship.ncl.edu.tw/eng/apply.aspx )
- Fellowship administrator: Center for Chinese Studies at National Central Library: http://ccs.ncl.edu.tw/
- The year of 2020 online application period will be from May 1 to July 15, 2020
- Contact person: Ms. Elaine Wu (Taiwan’s National Central Library) Tel: +886-2-2361-9132 #317 Fax: +886-2-2371-2126
4. Network of Fellows
Up to now, there have been 934 scholars from 78 countries being accepted by this program. The topics of their research projects are shown on the website: