MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), R.O.C. to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan. The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months and recipients will be provided financial assistance as follows:
(1) Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
a. Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate
research fellows: NT$60,000.
b. Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral
(2) One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations)
(3) Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million
The 2021 Fellowship is open for application from 1 May, 2020 to 30 June, 2020 and only online application is accepted. The steps of application is as follows:
(1) Prepare the application:
– Research proposal
– Two letters of recommendations or one letter of recommendation and one letter of agreement from the highest administrative director of applicant’s institution
(2) Online Application : Fill in the application and upload the above application documents
(3) Applicants should print their complete application form and send all application documents to an R.O.C (Taiwan) Embassy or Representative Office by post.
The review committee will select Taiwan Fellowship candidates based on the comments of R.O.C (Taiwan) Embassy or Representative Office, and inform the applicants of results by e-mail. Recipients will conduct their research in Taiwan as early as January 2021. Read More (PDF)