The 8th National Seminar on “Potential, Prospects and Strategies for Doubling Farmers’ Income: Multi-stakeholder Convergence” is being organized by MOBILIZATION (Society for Community Mobilization for Sustainable Development) in collaboration with Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat & ICAR-ATARI, Guwahati at College of Veterinary Science, AAU, Khanapara, Guwahati-22 from November 9-11, 2017.
The purpose of the seminar is to sensitize the different stakeholders regarding post-production handling and marketing of agricultural produce in a profitable manner. Issues related to sectoral, organizational and functional convergence between different stakeholders in addressing the challenges is the additional objective of the seminar which comprises of the following thematic areas:
- Technology options for sustainable rural development.
- Secondary agriculture, postharvest processing and value chain management for doubling farmers’ income.
- Institutional convergence for synergistic effect on farm efficiency and profitability.
- Digital empowerment in agricultural production and postproduction activities.
- Emerging options for rural entrepreneurship development like Skill India, Start Up, ARYA, Student READY etc.
- Innovations in Extension Approaches/ Future extension.
- Post Harvest Protection of Grain, Cereals, Pulses & Oilseeds and its relevance in enhancing farmers’ income.
Besides, a special session on Enhancing Income and Prosperity of Hill Farmers will also be held in the Seminar.
The seminar would benefit researchers, academicians, policy planners, NGOs/grassroots mass mobilizers and students having interest in sustainable development in general and improving the quality of life of people in particular. Details of the Seminar are available in the website www.aau.ac.in
- East Zone Vice-Chancellors Meet:
Assam Agricultural University (AAU) is going to host the East Zone Vice-Chancellors Meet, 2017-18 sometime during September-December, 2017. The Meet is organized annually by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The detailed programme will be finalized soon by the Association in consultation with AAU.