Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is seeking an international consultant for the Vegetable Seed Service Unit under Mongolian Farmer Association of Rural Development, Mongolia.
The purpose of this assignment is to provide advice to enhance Mongolian Farmers Association of Rural Development (MFRARD) and Vegetable Seed Service Unit (VSSU)’s organizational structure together with the entity mandated for the general coaching of farmer’s organizations, including extension centres on organisational development, under the overall supervision of the agricultural officer of the Plant Production and Protection Division (NSP) at HQ FAO in Rome and FAO Representative in Mongolia. This will be carried out in close coordination with the project team and the project Lead Technical Officer (LTO), and the MFARD and seed service unit, coaching companies employed by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). The international consultant will carry out the following tasks to support the improvement of organizational structure of the VSSU:
- Familiarize with the MFARD and VSSU including extension centers’ activities and identification of the needs assessment of the VSSU;
- Study and present at least 5 different systems of National Organization of the Seed Unit (or Seed Authority or Seed certification body) of other countries and present them to the VSSU and/or MFARD clearly mentioning the roles and responsibilities of each national Seed Authority and which activities have been delegated by them”;
- Organize and conduct discussion within the MFARD, VSSU and other stakeholders (virtual) to introduce the study result and receive their feedback and consolidate the opinions/suggestions, and update the study report accordingly;
- Prepare a final version of the report, including updated recommendations and a commented version in English and present it to MFARD;
- Interactive training sessions to build capacities and enhance new skills (international experiences on organizational and management development, governance strengthening and role of farmer’s organisation to encourage the sectoral sustainable development, government policy on vegetable and seed policies, seed system, community seed fund management, operational modality, major functions, adequate link between national seed system and seed fund).
Applicants should apply on or before 30 June 2022.
For more details, please download the TOR here.