In the context of the Collective Action (CA) on Transformative Learning of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) facilitated by the Global Forum on Agricultural Research and Innovation (GFAiR), the Asia-Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institutions (APAARI) is coordinating a number of regional conferences on this topic, inviting relevant stakeholders to register for each event:
Latin America – Monday, 27 November – organized by the Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for Agricultural and Life Sciences
Africa – Thursday, 30 November, 14.00-16:00 EAT – organized by Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (Register here: https://bit.ly/3sGr272 )
Europe – Tuesday, 12 December, 14.00-16.00 CET (Vienna) – organized by Promoting local innovation in ecologically oriented agriculture and natural resource management (Prolinnova), in collaboration with the European Forum on Agricultural Research for Development (EFARD) (Register here: https://bit.ly/3ulYOPo )
Asia-Pacific – Monday, 18 December 14.00-16.00 GMT+7 (Bangkok) – organized by the Asia-Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institutions (APAARI). Register, access the Agenda and read about the Speakers
- Survey insights: Learn about the key findings from our recent survey, which will provide valuable insights on the status of the transformation of higher education in the Asia-Pacific region
- Sharing of good practices: Learn about innovative transformative education practices that are being integrated into higher education by various Asia-Pacific universities
- Interactive multi-actor discussions: Learn about the outcomes of APAARI’s Working Group on Transforming Higher Education and engage in discussion with experts, academicians and other education professionals on the importance of the integration of functional capacities (soft skills) in university curricula, supported by innovative partnerships and enabling policies
- Theory of change: Learn about the transformative learning framework, how this global action envisions to contribute to the transformation of higher education, and how your university can engage
- New project design: Get a glimpse into the planned project for 2024
Who should participate?
- Agricultural life science universities
- Leaders (University vice-chancellors, university presidents, deans, faculties, professional bodies, student union leaders, ministry of education, accreditation agencies)
- University graduates, students
- Other professionals supporting efforts in the transformation of higher education in agriculture
By participating, you will become an integral part of our CA process, actively shaping and contributing to our discussions, and influencing the programme design and the way we engage with key stakeholders. Your engagement, experience and insights will make a difference in shaping the future of our agricultural education system.
CA’s Objectives beyond Asia-Pacific
The CA is a global action that aims to harvest and document the ongoing efforts to support the transformation of higher education for improved agri-food system transformation. It promotes the model of higher education based on experiential learning, ethical leadership, participatory curricula development, and co-research/co-innovation, with multi-actor participation, particularly of farmers and their organizations. It is currently taking place in four regions – Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America.
In addition to GFAiR as a facilitator, and APAARI that is both the coordinator and the regional lead for Asia-Pacific, other key partners in this CA include the European Forum on Agricultural Research for Development (EFARD); Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA); Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS); Promoting local innovation in ecologically oriented agriculture and natural resource management (Prolinnova); and Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM).