This position offers room for exponential growth within the organization and motivating international environment. Permanent position can be proposed within CIRAD Regional Direction depending on funds availability and quality of the work performed.
Date of the start: 01 April 2023
Working conditions: Full – time position | Competitive salary of 1870€ gross-salary per month | 20 days of Annual leave.
Job Location: DRASEC – CIRAD Regional Direction in South-Est Asia, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh Hanoi, Vietnam.
The Agence Française de Développement (AFD) and GRET have signed a Financing Agreement for Agroecology and Safe Food Systems Transitions in 2019. Coordinated by GRET in a strong articulation with CIRAD, in charge of the scientific coordination, the ASSET project aims to develop and promote a shared vision of Agroecology and Safe Food System Transitions in South East Asia (Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar) through a comprehensive approach that includes research, networking, policy advocacy, capacity development, awareness raising and communication. The ASSET project also supports the regional platform ALISEA whose purpose is to respond to the need of knowledge exchange and experiences sharing in the field of Agroecology in South-East Asia.
To support ASSET project communication activities, CIRAD & GRET are looking to recruit Project Communication Officer. The communication officer will be recruited by CIRAD organization. He/she will be super-vised and work under functional responsibility of the GRET-CIRAD Coordination Unit.
He/She will possibly travel in the 3 countries of the project (Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos).
- University degree in a relevant field (communication, journalism, international relations, Public relations).
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position (experience in NGOs, research institutions or international organisations).
- Excellent skills in English and in one or several national languages (Khmer, Lao, Vietnamese)
- Basic knowledge of French language is desirable, but not compulsory.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Publisher, Canva or other photo/video editing tools.
- Photography and video editing skills (especially video interview).
- In-depth knowledge of the world of media and social networks in Asia.
- Good grasp of social media and website best practices and in metrics.
- Knowledge of web content management tools (eZ-Publish).
- Excellent ability to work as a team, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach.
- Interest and knowledge of the agricultural issues in the South-Est Area could be considered as advantage.
How to Apply
Applications (CV & motivation letter) to be sent to: email@example.com with copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 28th February 2023.
Detailed Terms of Reference are attached to the announcement here.